Southern Wesleyan University supports the growth and wholeness of its students. Counseling & Health Services seeks to accomplish this by encouraging students toward emotional and physical wellness. These services are confidential and free of charge.
Services offered in the counseling center
Southern Wesleyan University provides professional mental health counseling to students upon request. This typically involves individual sessions, although group sessions and workshops may be available on an as needed basis. An individual requiring long-term or intensive specialized counseling may be referred to an outside resource to best meet his/her needs.
Services offered in the Health Center
- Provide first aid
- Provide non-prescription medications
- Perform blood pressure screenings, urinalysis, rapid strep testing rapid influenza testing, and visual screening
- Weight screenings and assistance with weight management
- Free pregnancy screenings
- Pregnancy counseling for both planned and unplanned pregnancies
- Referrals for STD testing and counseling
- Educational Services include: self-care handouts and brochures, monthly e-newsletters for employees and students, presentations for classes on health and wellness topics, and health center bulletin board
- Wellness Week each spring
- Flu Vaccination Clinic each year
- Blood Drive each semester
- Campus Physician in the University Health Center on Wednesday evenings
The Counseling & Health Center is located on the top floor of Jennings Campus Life Center – near the elevator and Game Room.